Completion of Student Center Renovations
Challenge Goal: $1,500,000
In 1968, the student center was constructed and named in honor of Judson alumna Mary Katherine Archibald Blount, class of 1942. The Student Center is the home of the College’s Student Services Division, the College post office, and student government offices.
In 2005, the College began initial refurbishment of the Student Center, focusing efforts on making a more inviting first-floor common space for students. Project completion will include updates to the second and ground floors to provide meeting space for student organizations, relocated offices for student life personnel, an Academic Support Center, and a theater/multi-purpose space that will seat approximately 100 guests. Further upgrades will increase the comfort level of the facility, provide for energy efficiency, and improve accessibility.