In 5th grade, I started wearing glasses.
My first day with new specks was the coolest. Colors were everywhere. This sounds cheesy, but I could see the leaves on the trees.
As a Judson College ambassador, I have the opportunity to show off the campus to prospective students.
I love my job!
Though, it is a very daunting task.
Trying to explain why Judson is the best possible choice is like telling a blind man about the color blue.
All I can do is share what I know. It's a lot easier said than done. First hand retellings cannot substitute for personal experience. That's why I love when prospective students opt to visit during tradition weekends.
We have a saying here at JC: "It's not a sorority, it's a sisterhood."
Sisterhood? What does that mean?
- Sharing a cup of hot tea with a friend who is sick with bronchitis.
- Random trips to Sonic when only a slushy can cheer you up.
- Late night talks about life, relationships, and the latest celebrity gossip to take your mind off of the aforementioned items.
- Laughing till you cry, crying till you laugh, and a never ending supply of Kleenex.
- A community of believers who intercede on your behalf.
These experiences are real. They are the lasting moments that motivate that extra hour of late night studying.
I cannot imagine going to school anywhere else. Most Judson girls will tell you that God brought them here. For me, attending Judson just felt like the right thing to do.
One day, I will leave the comfort of "the Judson Bubble." My memories (and diploma) will be all I take with me.
The most fulfilling part of my job as an ambassador is watching the freshmen understand what I've been talking about all along.
My time at Judson is helping me see a small glimpse of the big picture for the first time.