If you are wondering how my parents are holding up during this adventure, I have a feeling they are putting on a good front for me. I mean who really wants their child to be on the other side of the world with deadly animals? They are accepting of my desire to travel, but I can tell that deep down they really would rather me stay within a days drive (or closer!) So to show their care and concern for my well-being, they compiled a list. This is a list which explains what I should avoid while in Australia. I thought you might enjoy it... it is pretty entertaining.
1. Don't go near the water. Take sponge baths.
2. Check your shoes every day before inserting feet.
3. Don't sit on the ground.
4. Don't sit on a log sitting on the ground.
5. Don't climb trees. (They have snakes in trees that will bite your face off)
6. Don't stick your hands in holes or places you can't see into.
7. Don't venture off by yourself.
8. Don't venture off with anyone else.
9. Don't venture off period.
10. Drink plenty of water, how you do this without getting close is your problem.
11. Stay with your group.
12. If there are any Idiots in your group stray with the non-idiots
13. Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
14. Never try to pet a Dingo, unless in the presence of a professional.
15. Never pick up a male Duck Billed Platypus.
16. Treat all snakes as if they are deadly poisonous.
17. Treat all spiders as if they are deadly poisonous.
18. Don't eat the yellow snow.
19. Know what nationality and what food group your food is before inserting into mouth. (Make sure it never slithered or crawled before it wound up on your plate.)
20. Do all these things and you should be safe.
I hope it made you laugh as much as it made me laugh :)
Disclaimer: Mom and Dad... if ya'll read this, I promise I am adhering to every word written on this very important document. In no way should either of you worry about my safety. ;)