(Continued from Restoration 1 blog) Under the house, that is where we had to go! It was a small space - we had to lay flat on our backs in order to fit - dark, wet, and muddy. Our job was to nail in cross supports. It didn't take long to realize that nailing over our heads was not going to last long. Thankfully there was a nail gun. With this piece of modern technology, only two people were needed to finish the nailing, so the other two of us went out to help with the other work. Later that day, insulation needed to be installed under the house. Since I had been under before and was already partially covered in mud I went back to finish the adventure. There were four of us under the house and two people feeding us insulation through the vents in the side if the foundation. We were at it for a good couple of hours when we had to quit because of lack of light. The job was finished the next day by a group of different girls. Audra and I, members of the original "under-the-house-crew," went under the second house to lay the moisture barrier and do the nailing.
The second day was pretty much a repeat of the day before: putting in insulation and painting trim. The only difference was that it was at the second house.
On the third day, the girls who finished putting the insulation under the first house put it under the second house. Going under at the second house wasn't as bad, though, because there seemed to be a bit more space and it was not wet and muddy like the first house.
Everyone else worked at finishing the insulation in the house and painting trim. We got done with what we could a little bit early that day so after we got back to the school and cleaned up we went to a local church and did some cleaning for them.
The last three days were spent moving dry wall, hanging dry wall, and mudding. I work at mudding and taping. I had done
dry wall before, but because there were so many of us, we could not all work at hanging drywall so I worked on filling in the nail holes and seams after it was hung.
(to be Continued)