The Thanksgiving season is upon us so I decided it would be fun to list some people and things I am thankful for and why. (Trust me, some of them will need a little explanation!) These are in no particular order.
Ten Things I Am Thankful For:
1. My salvation. (God in general) I have had many great experiences thanks to Him.
2. My family. They are the best. I could not ask for a better one.
3. La Familia. My three best friends (Kendall, Misty, and Tara). We are our own little family and I love them all lots, lots, whole bunches. We are "the Core". We added in several others: Steve and Clara (Kendall and my adopted parents); Julia and Brent (Tara's real parents and Misty's adopted parents); Chad, Kortney, Melinda, and Russ (our adopted aunts and uncles); Allie John; Laney Kay; Marissa; and Anthony. I am sure that was confusing. Basically we are our own little random family of close-knit friends and we like it that way. La Familia is an answer to a prayer I prayed almost eight years ago.
4. Judson. I prayed to God for guidance in my college decision and he gave me Judson. God just worked things out. I have been given another great family.
5. The Blue Js - My five best friends at Judson. (Holly Beth, Bethany, Audra, Jasmine, and Sam) They are my Alabama family and I love them all so much. I am so glad that these Alabamians took in this Missouri kid and made me feel so at home. There is a long story to how we got our name too but I will spare you.
6. The US military. I have so many friends and family members that are in the military and just as many that have been in or are planning to join. The military was part of my life plan too but it is not what God wanted for me so I remain simply a supporter. I love the military!
7. My Bible. It is sad that we sometimes take it for granted.
8. My church. I miss it when I am away at college. It is simply phenomenal.
9. FRIENDS. It is the best TV show ever!
10. Smiling. I love to smile. Smiling's my favorite. I shudder to think of a world with no smiles.