|Want To Be One Of Us?
Thank you for your interest in serving Judson College as a Resident Assistant! Being an RA can be fun and rewarding, though difficult at times.
It is the RA's job to be eager to:
Normally, an RA will be the first point of contact for a resident if she has an issue arise. Applicants must keep in mind the diversity of personalities an RA will be responsible for on her assigned residence hall. Though an RA will receive some basic training before taking on her full responsibilities, some issues she may be faced with at any given time could include:
- Assist residents in the adjustment to community living in Judson residence halls
- Assist residents in accomplishment of their academic goals
- Encourage residents to become active in the total life of the College
But being an RA is not all hard work! A few activities RA's have enjoyed in the past with their residents include:
- Offering advice or consoling a resident with an emotional issue
- Taking control of a situation during an emergency
- Dealing with angry or argumentative residents
- Aiding students with disabilities
- Making sure Quiet Hours are respected
- Encouraging residents to keep the lobby and hall areas tidy
- Being the overall voice of the residence hall community
Living in a residence hall can open students to a wide variety of experiences that will help prepare them for life after college. A goal of the residence life program is to nurture each resident as a total person to help her grow to become a responsible adult.
- Decorating their hall to welcome their residents
- Initiating games or activities for their residents
- Making lifelong friendships
If you think you have what it takes to be a leader in our program, we want to hear from you! Read our mission statement and fill out an application.