Nursing, Faith, & Perry County, AL
- General Application
- ADN Program Application
Nursing Program Courses
Questions? Concerns? Need some direction?
The Office of Admissions
The Nursing Department
Admission to Judson's Associate Degree of Nursing program requires that you complete an application for general admission to the college, plus an application for the nursing program itself. Requirements to enter the nursing program differ slightly from general admissions requirements, and, as a prospective nursing program student, you must meet both sets of requirements.
Please read carefully the requirements for both the general admission and admission to the nursing program. To apply, use the links on this page for each application. You may apply for general admission online; however, applications for nursing, along with other required materials, should be mailed into the Admissions Office at the address below.
Judson College, Office of Admissions
302 Bibb Street
Marion, AL 36756
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
First, you will need to have graduated from an accredited high school with at least:
- Four units of English
- Three units of social studies
- Two units of natural science
- Two units of mathematics (algebra strongly recommended)
- Five units of electives, with two units of foreign language recommended
Second, you need:
- A composite score of 18 or above on the ACT, OR,
- 870 or above on the SAT, AND,
- At least an academic 2.5 GPA
Personal qualifications are important and should be indicated by character references and extra-curricular activities which you can include on your application for admission.
You're now ready to fill out and submit your General Application for Admission to the college. You may do this online, OR, you may request to receive the application by mail or email and then return it (complete) by mail. To request an application by email, contact email@example.com or 1.800.447.9472.
There is a general $35 application fee that should accompany your application for admission. For other expenses and requirements, see our full listing of general application requirements, HERE.
NURSING PROGRAM ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Nursing admissions requirements are the same as above for placements, test scores and GPA.
You must also complete and submit the Nursing Program Application for Admission. With this application, you must include:
- Two handwritten references
These references and the nursing application must be mailed to:
Judson College Nursing Department
302 Bibb Street
Marion, AL 36756
Attn: Nursing Department
Other Requirements for the ADN Program:
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) - Applicants
are required to take the TEAS. You can register for the TEAS here. *The
cost will be $50 and should be paid through the ATI website with a personal
- Background Screen Checks - In order for you to participate in required courses that have a clinical component, you are required to have a background check, at your own expense. The college may randomly require background screenings throughout the length of your involvement in the program.
- Pre-Clinical Drug Screen - In order for you to participate in courses which have a clinical component, you are required to have an initial pre-clinical drug screening. The initial pre-clinical drug screen is conducted prior to entering the nursing program, at your own expense. The college may require random drug screenings throughout the length of your involvement in the program.
It is also important to understand that, due to the large number of nursing students in our area, ADN students should expect some evening (nontraditional work hours) and weekend assignments.