Administrative Assistant, Nursing Department
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Nursing
DEPARTMENT: Professional Studies
LOCATION: Marion, AL
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing/Program Coordinator
Provide a variety of advanced administrative, confidential, technical and administrative support to the Director of Nursing and Program Coordinator.
- Greet visitors, students, and/or employees and respond to inquiries, requests for information and provide assistance.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with other employees at Judson College to facilitate carrying out instructions involving other departments, transmitting information accurately and tactfully.
- Maintain office files, student files, and other appropriate records.
- Prepare syllabi, tests, and other documents as requested by Nursing Faculty and Program Coordinator.
- Assist with registration of pre-nursing students.
- Maintain inventory of office & clinical supplies.
- Perform general clerical duties including organizing, filing, shredding and photocopying documents and files, etc.
- Compose written correspondence and materials.
- Create and update departmental forms.
- Prepare minutes, reports, statistical data, and other materials pertaining to the Nursing program.
- Answer phones, respond to voice or e-mail messages, as well as send and receive faxes.
- Initiate, process and track departmental forms such as purchase orders and supply requisitions.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and maintain the department calendar.
- Manage distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail; screen and respond as necessary. Assemble attachments and corresponding material. Review outgoing material for completeness.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of general office practices and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (email), Windows, and utilization of the College’s course management and registration software.
- Positive disposition and ability to work well with others.
- Well-organized and self-directed.
Persons wishing to be considered for this position should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information of three references to Donna Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.