The secondary education program at Judson College provides its students with a strong background in educational theory and practice while encouraging mastery of a specific content area. Graduates of our secondary education program are not only prepared for secondary education careers but also for graduate programs. A major in any one of the following areas fulfills state and federal requirements for teacher certification in public secondary schools.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Choral Music Education (Grades P-12)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary General Science Education (Grades 6-12)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Mathematics Education (Grades 6-12)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary English/Language Arts Education (Grades 6-12)
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary Social Science Education (Grades 6-12)
Each degree leads to a Class B Alabama Professional Educator Certification.
Judson College also offers courses for Alabama teachers participating in the Provisional Certificate in a Teaching Field (PCTF) program for 6-12 teaching fields.
For more information, contact:
Dr. Lesley Sheek
Education Department Head
Phone: (334) 683-5133