Transfer Credits

At Judson College, we’ll work to honor the college coursework you’ve already completed by helping you transfer proper credit for courses you’ve taken elsewhere.

We accept academic credit from regionally accredited institutions of higher education, as well as credit earned through exam credit programs prior to initial enrollment.


  • Grades of C or higher will be accepted.
  • A maximum of 64 semester credits may be transferred from a two-year college.
  • Two-year college courses which parallel Judson upper-level (300-400) courses may transfer but not count toward the requirements for junior-senior (300-400) hours in the major or the degree. A student can, however, petition a department to take a “challenge test” or complete a project to receive upper-level credit for the course.
  • A student holding an Associate of Arts or an Associate of Science degree in a university-paralleled field of study has met requirements of the Judson College General Education Core curriculum.
  • Professional education courses to be applied toward Alabama Teacher Certification (300 or higher level courses at Judson) will not transfer from a two-year college.


A student may earn pre-enrollment credit as follows:

  • Advanced Placement (AP): Satisfactory performance (3 or better on a 5-point scale) on certain Advance Placement Subject Tests.
  • College-Level Examination Program (CLEP): Elective credit or credit for required courses upon submission of satisfactory scores on the CLEP General Examinations or the CLEP Subject Examinations before entering any college as a freshman.


  • Recorded as non-graded credit, not used in calculating the overall grade point average (GPA).
  • An incoming freshman must have scores sent to Judson College prior to the last day to add a class in her first semester in order for credit to be received.
  • A student may not receive more than thirty semester hours of nonattendance credit from all sources, or more than six semester hours (nine in lab courses) in any one department.
  • Transfer students who have already had CLEP credit accepted by another accredited school may transfer this credit to Judson at the discretion of the Registrar.


Judson College Office of the Registrar
Phone: 334-683-5112

Vice President and Academic Dean
Phone: 334-683-5104