Federal Aid

Eligibility for federal aid programs is determined by responses to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which can be completed at fafsa.gov. Need help completing your FAFSA? Contact our Office of Financial Aid at 334-683-5170 or bhorton@judson.edu.

Federal Grants

Federal Pell Grant – A U.S. Department of Education grant ranging from $602 to $5,500.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant – A federal grant (partially matched by the College) to students with exceptional need.

Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education Grant Program (TEACH) – a federal grant for students who agree to teach full-time in a qualifying school in certain high need fields of study for at least four academic years within eight years after completing the teaching degree. Students must have upon entrance and must maintain at least 3.25 GPA. High need fields are currently defined as math, science, foreign language, bilingual education, special education and reading specialists.

Federal Work-Study Program – A need-based award for part-time jobs on campus. Hours vary according to amount awarded.

Federal Loans

Federal Perkins Loan – Long-term, low interest (5%) loan up to $5,500 per year. There are limited funds available for Perkins loans.

Federal Direct Student Loans – Long-term loans to students based on need. Freshmen may be eligible for up to $5,5000. Sophomores may be eligible for up to $6,500. Juniors and seniors may be eligible for up to $7,500.

Federal Parent’s Loan for Undergraduate Students – A loan to a parent of a dependent student. Interest rate is 7.9%. Visit www.studentloans.gov to apply.