Judson College Information on COVID-19
- Spring semester classes resumed Wednesday, March 25, with an online (distance instruction) delivery through the end of the Spring semester (April 29). Students will hear from their professors regarding requirements for their courses. Special provision for on-campus labs and resources are outlined here.
- Academic Advising and Registration have been moved to the week of March 30-April 3 and will be completed remotely.
- Short Term (summer) classes will be delivered via online instruction, and no on-campus housing or dining services will be provided during Short Term. (See Dr. Tew’s full letter for details and information regarding exceptions.)
- Students are encouraged to check Judson e-mail regularly for communications regarding the completion of their Spring semester classes and advising appointments for short term and fall.
Bowling Library will be closed with personnel working remotely effective Monday, March 30th. Visit libguides.judson.edu for access to the library’s resources. As always, contact a member of the library staff with requests for assistance.
- Residential students will be allowed to retrieve necessary educational and personal material from their residence halls on a floor-by-floor, phased basis March 20-21. Students should check Judson email for check-out details from Sarah Fowler, Director of Residence Life.
- Limited campus-based services (including housing and meals) are available for students who do not have access to permanent housing; whose academic program requires on-site presence; for whom returning home presents a health/safety concern; or for whom returning home would prevent them from accessing their courses remotely. Students who meet the above criteria and desire to remain in the residence halls must make a request directly to the Vice President for Student Life no later than noon on Friday, March 20, 2020. Mrs. Teague may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Judson campus counseling services will still be available to students after spring break via remote methods. Students may make arrangements by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Counseling sessions will still be available either by phone or video following the same schedule as on campus (Monday – Ms. Marcelle; Wednesday – Dr. Turner; Friday – Ms. Anita)
The College has cancelled or postponed all campus events scheduled for April and May. These include J-Day, Presidential Inauguration, basketball tryouts, Summer Preview Day, new student orientation and registration (S.O.A.R), and the Minister’s Golf Tournament.
Additionally, the College has suspended individual prospective student campus visits through April and May.
Watch campus email and the College calendar for further updates regarding events.
- All employees from Jefferson and Shelby counties who commute daily to Perry County are required to work from home. They are requested to restrict their movements to essential travel.
- All non-faculty employees are asked to self-identify known health conditions that would place them at a greater health risk if exposed to COVID-19. These employees will coordinate with their supervisors to work from home or utilize the College’s policies for paid sick and vacation leave or unpaid leave. All other non-faculty employees are to report to work as usual.
- Office of Development: Peggy Darby, Director of Development, is now working remotely from Jefferson County. The best way to reach her is via email (email@example.com), followed by office phone (334.683.5285) or cell phone (205.213.0237).
- Office of Alumnae Relations: Beth Poole, Director of Alumnae Relations, will continue to work in the Judson campus office and is accessible via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or office phone (334.683.5167). See the full Development and Alumnae Offices letter here.
Facilities and Security
An access card is now required to enter all campus buildings, with the exception of Jewett Hall and the front door of the Mary Katherine Archibald Blount Student Center (“The J”), which will remain unlocked from 8:00am until 5:00pm each weekday. After 5:00pm, you may enter the Dining Hall foyer doors of Jewett and The J with your access card. Please contact the facilities office (334.683.5130) with questions.
COVID-19 Information and Resources
Stop the Spread of Germs (infographic from the Centers for Disease Control)
Centers for Disease Control Travel Restrictions