Julia Barron Residence Hall
Barron Hall, Judson’s largest residence hall, houses upperclassmen and first year transfer students. The building is named for Julia Tarrant Barron, one of Judson’s three founders. Mrs. Barron provided housing for Judson’s first president when he arrived in Marion, she leased the first building used as classroom space, and she donated the property on which Judson was has now stood for 175 years. Barron was renovated in 2011 to update the lobby furnishings and to add in-room adjustable heating and air-conditioning units and a common kitchen.
With 51 rooms on three different floors, Barron can house up to 102 residents. All residence halls are in a suite arrangement, with two rooms connected by a bathroom.
- Room Capacity: 2 students
- Bed Size: Extra long twin – 80”
- Bathrooms: Suite style (shared between 4 students)
- Lobby includes: Study area and TV lounge with seating and a piano. TV area includes cable television, Blu-ray/DVD player, HDMI hookup for laptops. Landline telephone connected in lobby.
- Fully furnished Kitchen in basement, including two large tables with many chairs.
- Laundry facility and Ice Machine located in basement.
- Vending machines located in the basement.
- Microwaves provided on every floor.
- WiFi service